Search found 6 matches

by Elrique64
20.01.2014 02:39
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Which tablets are confirmed working?
Replies: 8
Views: 8742

Re: Which tablets are confirmed working?

I can confirm Remote working on a Toshiba Thrive 10" and an Asus TF700T both wired and wireless with the WU-1a to a Nikon D7000 (wired) and a D7100 (wired and wireless).

although the wireless operation with the WU-1a and the D7100 have some issues finding the camera first time around. (Still having ...
by Elrique64
23.08.2013 19:46
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Replies: 8
Views: 9426

Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A

Ok, this is what I'm doing:

The WU-1A is a non-internet capable hotspot. In order to use it I have to disconnect the WiFi on my tablet (Asus TF700T) from the internet connection in my office or home and connect to the camera. It has a DHCP server built in, I guess, because the tablet is assigned an ...
by Elrique64
22.08.2013 18:34
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Replies: 8
Views: 9426

Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A

Was finally able to get it running. Had to open DSLRDashboard on the tablet and let it attach to the camera, then exit that app and go back into Helicon Remote. Some reason that doesn't make a lot of sense. And this isn't 100% of the time, either.

When I get more time I'll do more testing on it ...
by Elrique64
21.08.2013 17:13
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Replies: 8
Views: 9426

Re: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A

That's part of the issue, maybe? the WT is a client of an existing network, where the WU's are a hot spot the tablet has to make a connection to. Once you are attached to it's network you have a connection to the camera.

What port is needed to control the camera with the WT?
by Elrique64
20.08.2013 21:40
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Can't see D7100 with WU-1A
Replies: 8
Views: 9426

Can't see D7100 with WU-1A

I can see the camera with Nikon's android software, another remote tethering software for android, but when I try to connect to it with HR for android the camera doesn't show up.

I'm thinking it might be a port issue? I have no idea what port to enter in on the software.

I'm trying to connect to ...
by Elrique64
05.07.2013 18:55
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: WU-1A and wireless control
Replies: 3
Views: 5406

Re: WU-1A and wireless control

I'm the original poster. Glitch with the name on my first post.

Do the WT-4 and WT-5 act as a wireless access point when they are mounted on the camera? The WU-1a actually has a SSID that it broadcasts (or not, depending on how you set up the software the first time you connect to it with a tablet ...