Search found 5 matches

by macbates
02.08.2016 15:46
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Using Stackshot
Replies: 6
Views: 9206

Re: Using Stackshot

Thanks Stas, I understand now.

The real problem seems to be that the effective aperture of the MP-65 lens is dependent on the magnification factor, and HR doesn’t know that. At a distance of 51 mm, an aperture of f/8 and a magnification of 3x (which I’m using), the effective aperture is f/32, even ...
by macbates
02.08.2016 03:48
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Using Stackshot
Replies: 6
Views: 9206

Re: Using Stackshot

I tried the suggestions, but they don’t seem to work. My setup is a Canon 5D3 with a Canon MP-65 lens. Using the Stackshot I proceed as follows:

1: Set the near and far focus points (A and B). Distance shown is 70/70.
2: Return to the near (A) position
3: Ensure that ‘Auto’ is checked and click the ...
by macbates
30.07.2016 22:15
Forum: Helicon Remote
Topic: Using Stackshot
Replies: 6
Views: 9206

Using Stackshot

I’m having trouble figuring out how set Helicon Remote parameters when using a Stackshot. Specifically, what are the units in the ‘Interval’ field? When using the Stackshot standalone, I set the near and far focus points manually, then calculate the depth of field, and based on that, determine the ...
by macbates
26.07.2015 16:47
Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
Topic: default file name
Replies: 10
Views: 10275

Re: default file name

I have the same issue with default file naming, only on HF Pro 6.3.0, OSX 10.10.4. As an FYI, checking for updates with HF Pro (Help->Check for updates...) says that 6.3.0 is the latest version. Clearly not.

- Ken
by macbates
13.01.2014 21:30
Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
Topic: batch processing
Replies: 8
Views: 10079

Re: batch processing

Any chance of command line processing being ported over to the Mac version? Running version 6.0.108 I can start it up in Terminal:

$ /Applications/HeliconFocus.app/Contents/MacOS/HeliconFocus -silent "~/Desktop/test”

but it appears that HF does not process the passed parameters. Passed command ...