Search found 119 matches
- 04.08.2022 13:36
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Failed to save image
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4512
Re: Failed to save image
Thanks Catherine. I have submitted a report, and noted the problem occurs with any folder
- 04.08.2022 01:24
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Failed to save image
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4512
Re: Failed to save image
Sending bug repair gives
Failed to send the bug report: Error transferring https://www.heliconsoft.com/support/bugreport.php - server replied: Internal Server Error
Failed to send the bug report: Error transferring https://www.heliconsoft.com/support/bugreport.php - server replied: Internal Server Error
- 02.08.2022 16:00
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Failed to save image
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4512
Failed to save image
After stacking I tried to save the resultant image and got
*Failed to save image. Cannot open file for writing"
Any ideas to resolve this would be welcome
Many thanks
*Failed to save image. Cannot open file for writing"
Any ideas to resolve this would be welcome
Many thanks
- 26.11.2019 04:11
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: Orange marble spider
- Replies: 10
- Views: 83735
Re: Orange marble spider
It was a Nikon 7200 with the Nikon 105 macro lens. The camera was mounted on a Thor labs light table and controlled using a Cognisys rail. There was very little processing in Photoshop: just adjusting light balance and contrast.
- 29.08.2019 22:12
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Display is black
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4502
Display is black
I am using a Nikon D7100 with a 105MM Macro lens, attached to a MacBook Air running Mojave. Everything worked fine until this afternoon. When I turned the camera on and clicked Live View, I got a totally black image. If I do a Quick Preview, the image is there, and looks fine, but I cannot see it to ...
- 24.08.2019 18:38
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Helicon Focus or Zerene Stacker, which is better?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4700
Re: Helicon Focus or Zerene Stacker, which is better?
I’ve used both and both are far better than Photoshop. My reason for staying with Focus is that it integrates so well with Remote.
- 01.08.2019 16:55
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: UV fluorescence Rhododenron
- Replies: 1
- Views: 38181
UV fluorescence Rhododenron
This flowered a good month after the rest of the bush was done.
- 01.08.2019 15:00
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: UV fluorescence
- Replies: 3
- Views: 39323
Re: UV fluorescence
I use a Nikon D500, with a 105 macro lens. It is shot at f4 +/- one stop, shutter speed 20 seconds, ISO 200. This was done using Helicon Remote and the 20 images stacked in Focus. Other than adjusting the range of brightness, no editing was done. The 'glow' is due to the fact that in this this ...
- 26.06.2019 20:13
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: UV fluorescence
- Replies: 3
- Views: 39323
UV fluorescence
I have started to play with this as a technique. Plenty of technical challenges, especially since the images are both stacked and HDR. This is a cluster of Spirea blossoms.
- 31.05.2019 12:24
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: WeMacro Rail - Nikon D500 - MAC
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4987
Re: WeMacro Rail - Nikon D500 - MAC
I use a D500 with Remote, and there is no problem controlling all parameters (f stop, ISO, time) from the app in real time. All other functions can be modified under the Preferences menu.
- 01.05.2019 02:50
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Fine details
- Replies: 1
- Views: 7882
Re: Fine details
Milkweed is one of my favorites
- 22.04.2019 18:15
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Focus Stacking with 3 subjects in image
- Replies: 6
- Views: 24542
Re: Focus Stacking with 3 subjects in image
I usually start earlier than the first focused image and continue past the last. That way I am sure the entire object will be covered. You can omit the extremes later in the stacking process.
- 15.04.2019 20:57
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Not changing focus
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5056
Re: Not changing focus
The problem is resolved. I use an AC adaptor, instead of a battery, so the camera can shoot all day. It seems the transformer was having problems: it provided just enough power to run the camera, but not enough to operate the focussing system. Replacing the transformer has taken care of the issue.
- 14.04.2019 20:51
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: My first try was useless
- Replies: 6
- Views: 22371
Re: My first try was useless
I’m not sure what you feel is missing. Everything seems in focus.
- 14.04.2019 20:37
- Forum: Helicon Remote
- Topic: Not changing focus
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5056
Not changing focus
When shooting a stack the program no longer moves the focus point, but takes all pictures at the same plane. Setting up looks normal, using the arrows to set the start and end point work normally. Just to be sure I have tried on both Manual and Auto focus, with the same result. Everything was ...