snickgrr, your image is just fabulous.
I love the way we can really control focus... And, if we shoot enough planes, we can manage focus at the compositing time. Thanks for sharing your image.
Search found 13 matches
- 03.03.2008 06:50
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Great application
- Replies: 3
- Views: 9831
- 03.03.2008 06:44
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Opacity maps
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10284
- 11.02.2008 22:47
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Mac version 4
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10674
Thanks for 3.6.1 (Mac)
Thanks for 3.6.1 (Mac) which is working just fine with 10.5 Leopard.
- 19.06.2007 06:57
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Rhododendron -- Flower at 1:5
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10379
Rhododenron Flower
And, here's the view I like better.
Dan, your product Helicon Focus is just terrific.
Dan, your product Helicon Focus is just terrific.
- 19.06.2007 06:37
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Rhododendron -- Flower at 1:5
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10379
- 19.06.2007 05:49
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Rhododendron -- Flower at 1:5
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10379
- 19.06.2007 05:46
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Rhododendron -- Flower at 1:5
- Replies: 3
- Views: 10379
Rhododendron -- Flower at 1:5
More on whether to move the camera, re-focus, or (on a bellows) move the rear standard.
This is one blossom of a Rhododendron at about 1:5. I don't see any troubling artifacts with any of the three approaches.
See below. All with 105mm Bellows Nikkor on bellows to Olympus e-330. The flower is ...
This is one blossom of a Rhododendron at about 1:5. I don't see any troubling artifacts with any of the three approaches.
See below. All with 105mm Bellows Nikkor on bellows to Olympus e-330. The flower is ...
- 19.06.2007 05:31
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Pls recommend some focussing rail for use with helicon focus
- Replies: 16
- Views: 37192
Thanks, Dan
Sorry to be slow in replying.
Thanks for the animation. Yes, I agree that some info is simply missing, and this can happen in some situations. This was an artificial setup... I'm worried that I made it more difficult than a real life situation.
The real life I'm thinking about is a flower with ...
Thanks for the animation. Yes, I agree that some info is simply missing, and this can happen in some situations. This was an artificial setup... I'm worried that I made it more difficult than a real life situation.
The real life I'm thinking about is a flower with ...
- 04.06.2007 23:01
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Pls recommend some focussing rail for use with helicon focus
- Replies: 16
- Views: 37192
Change in Perspective
I uploaded the stack to the ftp server in a subdirectory JackOfSpades -- I'm on Mac so can't make the flip-movie.
Thinking more about this test image... I think the problem is that the camera movement changes the perspective BETWEEN ADJACENT SLICES, in this case, the last golf tees and the ...
Thinking more about this test image... I think the problem is that the camera movement changes the perspective BETWEEN ADJACENT SLICES, in this case, the last golf tees and the ...
- 04.06.2007 02:45
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Pls recommend some focussing rail for use with helicon focus
- Replies: 16
- Views: 37192
Focusing Rail, Re-focusing (lens or front std), Rear Std.
Here is a photo of the setup that produced the image above.
- 04.06.2007 02:36
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Pls recommend some focussing rail for use with helicon focus
- Replies: 16
- Views: 37192
Focusing Rail, Re-focusing (lens or front std), Rear Std.
I have been thinking about the question of moving the camera vs. adjusting focus.
It seems to me that the issue is to avoid changing the perspective relationship of elements of the image.
I think the perspective is most likely to change if you move the camera to focus on different parts of the ...
It seems to me that the issue is to avoid changing the perspective relationship of elements of the image.
I think the perspective is most likely to change if you move the camera to focus on different parts of the ...
- 27.05.2007 17:48
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: George Lepp plugs Helicon Focus (Outdoor Photographer)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 7323
George Lepp plugs Helicon Focus (Outdoor Photographer)
George Lepp gives a nice plug for Helicon Focus and an example flower-in-snow photo at:
http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/content/2007/june/tech-tips.shtml
Questioner asks, "My photos look soft compared to yours." Lepp answers, more or less, "Do everything else right, and then composite several ...
http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/content/2007/june/tech-tips.shtml
Questioner asks, "My photos look soft compared to yours." Lepp answers, more or less, "Do everything else right, and then composite several ...
- 26.04.2007 00:33
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Helicon Focus is fabulous!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6840
Helicon Focus is fabulous!
Photo of a Nikon F2A I will sell on eBay...
Here is the best single exposure I could make... F/16 and it's not bad. This one would work, but...
http://i.pbase.com/o6/31/718831/1/77749113.tgjuuWjx.F2A_F_3216Scr.jpg
Here is the composite of six images with Helicon focus. Much better!
http://i ...
Here is the best single exposure I could make... F/16 and it's not bad. This one would work, but...
http://i.pbase.com/o6/31/718831/1/77749113.tgjuuWjx.F2A_F_3216Scr.jpg
Here is the composite of six images with Helicon focus. Much better!
http://i ...