Linty,
Lots of practice and a good tripod along with a remote shutter cable are keys to getting good sharpness range throughout your images. I know when I started I had similar problems but I paid close attention to the images I'd taken, began to notice gaps in focus between images and got much ...
Search found 16 matches
- 17.09.2009 06:40
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Sometimes HC can't seem to pick the sharpest photo
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4779
- 19.07.2009 07:41
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Is anybody from Helicon reading this forum?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5292
I couldn't disagree more that Helicon isn't supportive. I've seen Dan Kozub posting and replying in here quite often and he has always answered my e-mails. In fact, HeliconSoft, and Dan, have provided the best software support, through this forum and by e-mail, of any company I've ever purchased ...
- 03.06.2009 11:15
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Resolution of Output Image
- Replies: 4
- Views: 9135
- 29.05.2009 07:53
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Resolution of Output Image
- Replies: 4
- Views: 9135
- 20.03.2009 09:56
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Focusing on multiple slices
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4611
A couple of things to think about. First, ignore that green light because you are focusing by eye rather than by the grosser method of the autofocus so there will be times when your slice will focus on only a small part of the image that the camera sensor won't recognize.
Also, make sure that you ...
Also, make sure that you ...
- 13.11.2008 08:38
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: Comparison of Photoshop CS4 image stacking and Helicon Focus
- Replies: 2
- Views: 11622
Nice image Gniss and a great comparison between the two software platforms. I don't know why Adobe Photoshop tries to compete this way with good third party applications like Helicon Focus. They do it also with HDR and the HDR interface and application in Photoshop is garbage, especially compared ...
- 08.09.2008 04:07
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Navigating files
- Replies: 0
- Views: 8906
Navigating files
Dan,
I notice that when I have a lot of files in the file list on the right hand side of Helicon Focus window I cannot navigate through the list using the window slider bar as in most programs. I can't click and hold the slider to drag it or click in the slider bar to get it to advance one window ...
I notice that when I have a lot of files in the file list on the right hand side of Helicon Focus window I cannot navigate through the list using the window slider bar as in most programs. I can't click and hold the slider to drag it or click in the slider bar to get it to advance one window ...
- 18.06.2008 02:34
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Macro Sized Cicada
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6077
- 13.06.2008 04:39
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Does your software degrade the original sharpness?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10987
Yeah, I understand what you're talking about. I get the impression that it doesn't degrade the original images any, in terms of what gets included in the final product, but it does miss occasionally, especially when there is a pretty wide range of focus "slices". I've also noticed though, that a lot ...
- 13.06.2008 02:39
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Error while processing
- Replies: 0
- Views: 8439
Error while processing
Dan,
I received, consistently, the following error while processing a particular stack of photos. "Internal error: cannot process current images". It had no indication of what the error might be, if it involved any particular image or at what point in the process the problem occurred. I could ...
I received, consistently, the following error while processing a particular stack of photos. "Internal error: cannot process current images". It had no indication of what the error might be, if it involved any particular image or at what point in the process the problem occurred. I could ...
- 13.06.2008 02:35
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Does your software degrade the original sharpness?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 10987
- 03.06.2008 21:17
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Brightness slider in Helicon focus?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8835
brightness slider
Thanks Dan, I understand what it does but I'm not clear on why it is necessary. Even though there have been slight variations in brightness in my images in the stack the results have always been incredible and well-balanced in terms of brightness. I've set it at maximum and at minimum but can't ...
- 30.05.2008 23:31
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Brightness slider in Helicon focus?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8835
Brightness slider in Helicon focus?
Dan,
I can't tell you how much I love this program, thank you so much for creating it.
As I've been playing around with it and the various adjustments I'm having a hard time understanding the function of the brightness slider in the clone window.
If I adjust the slider anywhere other than the ...
I can't tell you how much I love this program, thank you so much for creating it.
As I've been playing around with it and the various adjustments I'm having a hard time understanding the function of the brightness slider in the clone window.
If I adjust the slider anywhere other than the ...
- 27.05.2008 11:10
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: A few images !
- Replies: 10
- Views: 19028
Excellent. Thank you for the information J-P, I appreciate it. I'm just getting started myself and find I'm having a great deal of trouble acclimating to the fine adjustments needed to the focus ring on a lens to get the necessary slices in any kind of even distribution of focus but the issue of ...
- 27.05.2008 00:53
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: A few images !
- Replies: 10
- Views: 19028
a few images.
Those are beautiful images. Do you use a focusing rail or the lens focus ring? What sort of flash do you use and at what setting?