Just FYI the current Helicon Remote Windows beta version that I just downloaded and installed is v4.0.6 whereas the version number displayed on the software-downloads page is v4.0.5.
I'm assuming the webpage has not yet been updated...
I received the Beta version which I thank you for.
I hope it's OK to create this new topic as there does not seem to be a Beta section on this Forum and the 'bug report' feature in the beta version doesn't offer any option to simply ask questions? If you prefer that these comments and questions be ...
I see that ControlMyNikon by Tetherscript now supports focus stacking with live view for the Z50, Z6, and Z7 cameras. I tested it with my Z7 and its focus stacking works fine, though the step interval and number of photos needed is not calculated automatically as does Helicon Remote. But it ...
Thanks for the reply Stas. I should have the camera in a couple of weeks and will be in touch.
Note that the Z is much different from the Nikon1 system as it's DNA (and price) is very pro dSLR. It has the same connectivity (Wifi, Bluetooth, USB3) as the other Nikon pro cameras and will work with ...
Sorry for the yet another "will you support my camera" thread. The Nikon Z7's not yet shipping so this is a bit premature ...
As a Nikon NPS member I will get priority shipping when it does ship so I hope to have a Z7 mid-October to replace my D800E for studio use. Its USB3 connectivity seems very ...
Re 1) Thanks for teaching my how to use the new Android device ;-) Yes, I see now that it's a "Recent apps" button and only *some* apps might be running in the background - thus the "Close all" button that's displayed on that screen.
Works great and I bought it. There seems to be a few hiccups when connected to a D800E but I'm learning how to avoid them. Stuff like turning off Live View while changing certain settings. No big deal - the app works fine. Note that this S8 is new and coming from a Blackberry Q10 there's a lot to ...
has to be set manually (folders don't receive it by default): open the folder's properties -> Security tab -> Advanced -> press Enable inheritance. You should probably set the "Replace child object permissions..." option, too, for good measure.
All the users with access to the Shared 'My Pictures ...
I was not able to ever get Everyone included in the permissions, which I think is the correct behavior.
That would be default behaviour if the folder is not configured to include access for Everyone to that Shared folder. To allow easy access to the folder from other computers in the studio ...
Here are two screen grabs of the permissions compared between the image file that Helicon Remote saves to disk and what Helicon Remote saves.
PermissionsExample1.jpg shows that the "Everyone" has been omitted when saving to a Users folder while it's properly included in PermissionsExample2.jpg ...
I too have been unable to reproduce the part of the problem where Heliconfocus.exe remains running in the background after closing the app. That part of this issue should be ignored and I've deleted that issue that I previously posted.
What DOES occur is that Helicon Focus is not assigning ...
I resolved this by creating a folder on the hard disk outside my User folders (ie: not in My Pictures) and set that as the target folder to save the HF files to. I then Shared that folder over the Network and the problem disappeared.
I am not able to transfer the processed images over our studio network and am blocked with a message that I do not have permission to transfer it. The original camera images created by Helicon Remote transfer without any problem.