Thanks for the reply, I have tried some depth of field calculations. I didn't know remote had one though!
I've done the testing and it varies from subject to subject.
Shooting flowers for example, often the lowest end of the testing range works best. I actually was shooting a stack of flowers ...
Search found 7 matches
- 31.03.2015 19:30
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: How many are too many (shots)?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7887
- 28.03.2015 19:24
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14827
Re: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
I have to change my comment a bit, I hadn't downloaded your image.
Now that I do:
- Have you tried all three methods of stacking?
- I found C works best for fine detail but A works best if you want some contrast and colors still.
- Try isolating your background better too!
Now that I do:
- Have you tried all three methods of stacking?
- I found C works best for fine detail but A works best if you want some contrast and colors still.
- Try isolating your background better too!
- 28.03.2015 19:11
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14827
Re: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
The best I've found so far is using continuous daylight but that's pretty dang hard to time and shoot.
I realized that if the program has trouble with varying light levels in the different stacks that it would have difficulty finding the overlapping edges on a pure white object that's reflecting ...
I realized that if the program has trouble with varying light levels in the different stacks that it would have difficulty finding the overlapping edges on a pure white object that's reflecting ...
- 28.03.2015 03:38
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: How many are too many (shots)?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7887
How many are too many (shots)?
Hi Board,
Here's my setup:
Canon 6D
Canon 180MM Macro
Windows 7 with Heilicon Pro subscription
StackShot USB
My subject:
Flowers, very small, around one inch in size
My Question:
How many are too many shots for Heilicon??
I'd test this myself more over time but it'd take a long time to ...
Here's my setup:
Canon 6D
Canon 180MM Macro
Windows 7 with Heilicon Pro subscription
StackShot USB
My subject:
Flowers, very small, around one inch in size
My Question:
How many are too many shots for Heilicon??
I'd test this myself more over time but it'd take a long time to ...
- 22.03.2015 00:43
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Workflow? (+ using remote)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8051
Re: Workflow? (+ using remote)
Hey that's great, thanks!
When I go to Raw Development Settings it says
"Please define your path to ADobe DNG converter in the preferences"
Can you clarify how to do this step?
When I go to Raw Development Settings it says
"Please define your path to ADobe DNG converter in the preferences"
Can you clarify how to do this step?
- 10.03.2015 21:02
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Workflow? (+ using remote)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 8051
Workflow? (+ using remote)
Hi,
Recently purchased the software, loving it.
Running with a Canon 6D, and a 100MM Canon 2.8 IS.
What is the best workflow?
Right now I'm working with very detailed shots of flowers.
This was suggested on a different site for focus stacking:
- Capture Stack
- Import to Lightroom
- Edit ...
Recently purchased the software, loving it.
Running with a Canon 6D, and a 100MM Canon 2.8 IS.
What is the best workflow?
Right now I'm working with very detailed shots of flowers.
This was suggested on a different site for focus stacking:
- Capture Stack
- Import to Lightroom
- Edit ...
- 10.03.2015 20:55
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Macro
- Topic: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14827
Re: Best settings for stacking images of flowers
Hi,
I've recently purchased the software and been working with flowers. I agree that method C is best, I cannot get methods A or B to have complete focus, at least compared to method C. With C I can get fine hairs on flowers to show up!
I'm tagging to this post, wondering if anyone has tips on ...
I've recently purchased the software and been working with flowers. I agree that method C is best, I cannot get methods A or B to have complete focus, at least compared to method C. With C I can get fine hairs on flowers to show up!
I'm tagging to this post, wondering if anyone has tips on ...