Catherine
Many thanks for the suggestion, but even if I increase x, y and scale to the max, 30%, HF still can’t handle my stack.
i think the issue is the huge change in FoV, ie scale, between the near and far images, ie from a magnification of 1 to 0.
I think my only option is to try a bit of ...
Search found 7 matches
- 20.12.2022 09:16
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Deep focus experiments
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3248
- 19.12.2022 17:19
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Deep focus experiments
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3248
Deep focus experiments
I mainly/totally use Helicon for deep focus bracketing, ie of landscapes etc. That is not macro ;-)
Full disclosure I also have other focus stacking software, eg Zerene and, of course, Photoshop.
My most recent experiments are with a Laowa 15mm macro, where my closest object is very close, and I ...
Full disclosure I also have other focus stacking software, eg Zerene and, of course, Photoshop.
My most recent experiments are with a Laowa 15mm macro, where my closest object is very close, and I ...
- 19.03.2021 20:46
- Forum: Gallery
- Topic: Deep focus demo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 27539
Deep focus demo
I thought some, especially Canon users, may be interested in my latest blog post : https://photography.grayheron.net/2021/03/helicon-focus-deep-focus-photography.html
If you are not lucky enough ;-) to be a Canon shooter, able to access Magic Lantern or CHDK, you can still use the odds rule, ie ...
If you are not lucky enough ;-) to be a Canon shooter, able to access Magic Lantern or CHDK, you can still use the odds rule, ie ...
- 10.10.2020 15:01
- Forum: Shooting
- Topic: Multiple degrees of freedom bracketing
- Replies: 1
- Views: 27801
Multiple degrees of freedom bracketing
I thought some, especially the Canon users, may be interested in my multiple degrees of freedom bracketing.
In this experiment, three degrees of freedom, ie exposure, focus and composition.
http://photography.grayheron.net/2020/1 ... eting.html
In this experiment, three degrees of freedom, ie exposure, focus and composition.
http://photography.grayheron.net/2020/1 ... eting.html
- 19.09.2020 18:30
- Forum: Shooting
- Topic: 32 bit Workflow for deep focus and high DR scenes
- Replies: 0
- Views: 27839
32 bit Workflow for deep focus and high DR scenes
I thought some may be interested in my use of Helicon Focus for landscapes etc.
In my case I've written a Lua script that runs within my Canon 5D3 Magic Lantern environment.
This script gives perfect exposure brackets at each focus position and uses a diffraction aware, split lens model to ensure ...
In my case I've written a Lua script that runs within my Canon 5D3 Magic Lantern environment.
This script gives perfect exposure brackets at each focus position and uses a diffraction aware, split lens model to ensure ...
- 15.07.2016 09:53
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Auto Landscape Bracketing
- Replies: 0
- Views: 14473
Auto Landscape Bracketing
Like many who use Helicon Focus, the first challenge we face is 'getting our data'. If macro focus stacking life is relatively 'simple', as depth of field is symmetric about the focal point, and there are tools, eg racks, to help us move our cameras by the required, very small, amounts.
For the ...
For the ...
- 10.04.2015 00:17
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Lightroom
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3752
Lightroom
I'm running the latest version, but I think I might be missing a trick.
I export from LR OK but I can't seem to automatically get a return trip for my processed image.
When I save in HF, do I need to point HF at the folder in LR where my source images are?
Do I need to search for this returned ...
I export from LR OK but I can't seem to automatically get a return trip for my processed image.
When I save in HF, do I need to point HF at the folder in LR where my source images are?
Do I need to search for this returned ...