Search found 8 matches
- 25.10.2024 23:20
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: How much memory can Helicon use?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16717
Re: How much memory can Helicon use?
Thanks for the quick and useful answer. I'll reduce the cache size for HF.
- 25.10.2024 23:00
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: How much memory can Helicon use?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 16717
How much memory can Helicon use?
I currently have 64 GB memory, 8GB GPU, and 70% memory cache limit in HF. I do a lot of stacking in HF, up to as much as 750 images in a stack, sometimes manually and sometimes in batch mode. With other things running (like Lightroom and Photoshop), my memory usage is often in the 90's. My computer ...
- 09.10.2023 18:50
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Horrible color shift when stacking
- Replies: 9
- Views: 21364
Re: Horrible color shift when stacking
My bad -- that was another typo in my original message. I did not stack these with Zerene, only with Helicon.
To restate the problem,
When importing to Helicon directly from the camera SD card, the colors are clearly off. As a test, I pulled the images into Lightroom, and then exported them from ...
To restate the problem,
When importing to Helicon directly from the camera SD card, the colors are clearly off. As a test, I pulled the images into Lightroom, and then exported them from ...
- 08.10.2023 18:21
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Horrible color shift when stacking
- Replies: 9
- Views: 21364
Re: Horrible color shift when stacking
Yes.
See the last sentence of my previous message: I just installed the latest Adobe DNG converter, and the problem is still the same when I am stacking the images directly from the SD card.
See the last sentence of my previous message: I just installed the latest Adobe DNG converter, and the problem is still the same when I am stacking the images directly from the SD card.
- 08.10.2023 07:15
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Horrible color shift when stacking
- Replies: 9
- Views: 21364
Re: Horrible color shift when stacking
Oops, I accidentally cut something out. The third paragraph should read:
As a test, I pulled the images into Lightroom, and then exported them from Lightroom into Zerene using both "Helicon Focus (DNG)" and "Helicon Focus (TIFF)" . The stacked photo after exporting "Helicon Focus (DNG)" has the ...
As a test, I pulled the images into Lightroom, and then exported them from Lightroom into Zerene using both "Helicon Focus (DNG)" and "Helicon Focus (TIFF)" . The stacked photo after exporting "Helicon Focus (DNG)" has the ...
- 08.10.2023 07:08
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Horrible color shift when stacking
- Replies: 9
- Views: 21364
Horrible color shift when stacking
I have used Helicon Focus for years, have done probably thousands of stacks, and all of a sudden today I am seeing a BIG problem in color shifting. I have never seen this problem before and am really flummoxed and frustrated.
I import images into Helicon directly from my camera SD card. The colors ...
I import images into Helicon directly from my camera SD card. The colors ...
- 22.01.2019 07:54
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: "Unknown exception" error
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3379
"Unknown exception" error
I am doing a stack of 201 images, very fine steps from Stackshot. Simple subject (a slime mold sporangium). After about 5 minues it stopped with a large red exclamation point, and says "Unknown Exception." I have had this before, but I don't remember the circumstances. I can find no occurrence of ...
- 01.07.2018 04:48
- Forum: Helicon Focus: Support
- Topic: Colorcast on final image post render
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8662
Re: Colorcast on final image post render
I have been having the exact same problem for the last month or so. Always the output is darkened, but fine if I go to the retouching window and fine when saved.
If this is a bug I would sure like it fixed soon. Or if there is a beta version with the bug fixed (as indicated above), I would like to ...
If this is a bug I would sure like it fixed soon. Or if there is a beta version with the bug fixed (as indicated above), I would like to ...