Ghosted Alignment Overlay

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
wcarey

Ghosted Alignment Overlay

Post by wcarey »

I've got a request for a product feature that would be EXTREMELY useful and that is a ghosted alignment overlay for product photography purposes. I shoot product photography for my company using your software and this has been a challenge from time to time with packaged products. If there was a way that I could superimpose a product image on the screen to help with the alignment of additional products of similar size and shape, it would make my life so much easier and less time consuming. If it's already there, I apologize and could you point me to it?
Catherine

Re: Ghosted Alignment Overlay

Post by Catherine »

Actually, we're working on this now and will add this feature in one of the upcoming updates. Though it is still a matter of a couple of months.
MplsLensman

Post by MplsLensman »

Stumbled over this issue myself in the first half-hour of using my trial. As with others, the problem seems to appear when I save the project and then re-open it. Since that's a key feature for me (not having to get it completely and absolutely right in Helicon before I move on to Photoshop for other kinds of adjustments), I'm also interested in this. I note that earlier reports of the problem go back at least to spring (but your recent post above sounds positive!).
wcarey

Post by wcarey »

Any word on this yet? This is a major feature that will help selling tons of copies and dominate the market.
chrono

Post by chrono »

Any news on this update?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

It's been on the to-do list for a long time (and, actually, half-done). Right now we need to finish the next big update and take it out of beta status, then we intend to finish the overlays feature.