Lightroom plug-in not working

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
walkerr

Lightroom plug-in not working

Post by walkerr »

I've installed Helicon Focus in demo mode, but I'm having trouble getting the Lightroom plug-in to work. When I look in the folder it should be in via Finder, it's present, so it installed. Unfortunately, it's not showing up in any of the likely places when I'm running Lightroom (not via a right-click context menu nor via the main menu bar under sub options to File). Any ideas? I'm running with the most current version of Lightroom Classic (8.3.1) and the most current version of the Mac OS (10.14.6).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Catherine

Re: Lightroom plug-in not working

Post by Catherine »

Please try the following:
1. Exit Lightroom.
2. Go to Helicon Focus menu -> Preferences -> Integration. Click the "Uninstall" button next to the LR plugin path, then click Install.
3. Exit Helicon Focus, run Lightroom, and try again

If this does not help, please open Terminal ( (Applications - Utilities - Terminal) and run this command:
sudo open /Applications/HeliconFocus.app

Uninstall and reinstall the plugin from program Preferences. Please let us know if any of the above recommendations helps solving the issue.
walkerr

Post by walkerr »

Thanks. My computer has since died, and the replacement is a week away. If I see the same problem recur with the new one, I’ll try your instructions. Thanks for your help.
walkerr

Post by walkerr »

Thanks. I'm afraid neither of those fixes worked. I'm still having the same problem.
walkerr

Post by walkerr »

I was able to resolve it. The plug-in defaulted to a "disabled" status in LR. I enabled it within the LR plug-in manager, and it now works.
MarvinLey

Post by MarvinLey »

Does reinstalling the plugin from Preferences save the previous settings at all?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Which settings exactly do you mean?