Capture One Export Slow

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Alnitak

Capture One Export Slow

Post by Alnitak »

I am debating the switch from Lightroom to Capture One, as the terrible slow performance of Lightroom is just driving me crazy. One odd thing I noticed when I just tried out the HeliconSoft plugin for Capture One:

If I export 30 raw photos to HeliconSoft from Lightroom, it takes about 30 seconds on my computer. It also takes 30 seconds to export the same files from Lightroom to TIFF files; since that is what the plugin is doing, that makes sense.

If I export the exact same 30 raws from Capture One to HeliconSoft, it takes 88 seconds--nearly three times as long. However, exporting them as TIFF files from Capture One takes less than 30 seconds. It seems like something about the export through the plug-in is significantly slowing it down.
Catherine

Re: Capture One Export Slow

Post by Catherine »

I'm sorry, but at least at this time we cannot offer any advice on this. We didn't develop this plugin, the Capture One folks did. And this may be related to some inner intricacies of Capture One.
If I had to guess, this is more likely to do with different export options and different ways the files are exported rather than the plugin simply doing extra work (for example, if CO exports to a folder on an SSD and the plugin exports to a different location that's on an HDD, this would naturally be slower).