Stack with squiggly line in it, only with DNG

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
nebster

Stack with squiggly line in it, only with DNG

Post by nebster »

Hi, new Helicon user here.

I have a 50-image 100MP stack that I am trying to build. No matter which Method I choose, I get several squiggled, fuzzy lines through the final image at a couple of different places.

After some experimenting, it appears that this only happens when using the DNG round trip option.

I do not think the squiggly lines are in the slices that are imported into Helicon, although it is very slow and not sharp for viewing these, and I did not carefully inspect all 50 slices.

If I instead build this stack using TIFF export, it comes out just fine.

I have done about fifty stacks of this size so far, and this is the only one that behaves this way. Is there anything I can do to debug/avoid this in the future?
Catherine

Re: Stack with squiggly line in it, only with DNG

Post by Catherine »

This doesn't sound familiar so I can't recommend anything immediately. Can you please share the screenshot if the said lines, and would it be possible for you to upload the whole stack to us so that we could study it? Or better yet - a subset of the stack that's enough for reproducing the problem.
nebster

Re: Stack with squiggly line in it, only with DNG

Post by nebster »

Thanks Catherine. I've already deleted the offending stack, but I'll upload them to you next time if it happens again.