Export to FIX problems in PS

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
MarcoGrassi

Export to FIX problems in PS

Post by MarcoGrassi »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to export to .psd file and export both the blended (final result focus stacked image) as well as the individual layers.
So that would be really easy for someone that is use to work in photoshop to fix the problems.

I find that Helicon works much better for focus stacking images compared to photoshop but in case there are some objects moving I find it much easier to fix the problems in photoshop.

All I need is a way to export the images in .psd format + the final image stacked + the single images (aligned).

Other software are making this possible such as PTGui which I use to create panoramas.
Hope you can help me out or considering this as part of the next updated.

Cheers
Catherine

Re: Export to FIX problems in PS

Post by Catherine »

There is no direct support for .PSD, but you can do Export - Export layers to obtain individual layers as PNG files with transparency. Note that exporting to PNG and TIFF creates different results, not just different file formats (a hidden feature that we will document and make more obvious in future versions of Helicon Focus).
MarcoGrassi

Post by MarcoGrassi »

Hello Catherine,

Thanks for your reply.

I've seen that is possible to export it as tiff or Png but that doesn't help because you have transparency areas where instead you will need to have the entire photo to be able to recover information for those areas that need to be fixed.

Do you have a solution for me?
Thanks in advance

Marco
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Well, not really. Sorry for not being able to offer a solution at the moment