Retouching troubles

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
solde_heli

Retouching troubles

Post by solde_heli »

Hi. A long time later (I just found some posts of mine 10 years ago) I come to use Helicon, I'm going to use its 3D capabilities.

First thing ... Wow! How Helicon has changed compared to the version 10 years ago! I love now how fast it is, the final quality of the image and that in the retouch phase the software suggests where the original image is to use it for retouching. When I work stacking several hundred images that is a great help.

Good. Now the question. When I do retouch, I have not achieved more than once it works. Now I get a spot of small dots that completely spoils the image. I now solve this by exporting several stacks to Photoshop and working with masks there, but I think if I learn to do it with Helicon, the result will be more precise.

what am I doing wrong?

Thank you
Catherine

Re: Retouching troubles

Post by Catherine »

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are happy to know you enjoyed the changes.
Could you please share a screen shot showing the output and one of the source images. Alternatively, you are welcome to contact us at support@heliconsoft.com for further assistance about this
solde_heli

Post by solde_heli »

Hi, Catherine, thanks for the support.

Here small crops near corner at 100%. Lens microscope x20.

First image is the output after stacking.

The second one is the best individual frame, for to clone...
Yes, it is not much better... it is only a demo.

And the last image is that I obtain when I try to retouch it.

And this is the whole picture.

Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Please try experimenting with brush hardness and color tolerance when using retouching brush in Helicon Focus