Plugin for PaintShop Pro / AfterShot Pro

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
decastar

Plugin for PaintShop Pro / AfterShot Pro

Post by decastar »

I believe PaintShop and AfterShot can use many Adobe (Photoshop/Lightroom) plugins.

Is it possible to get Helicon Focus to install as a plugin into PaintShop Pro and/or AfterShot Pro, much like it does with Lightroom?

If the installer cannot install as a plugin into PaintShop/AfterShot, is it possible to get the file that is the Lightroom/Photoshop plugin so I can try to install it manually into PaintShop/AfterShot?
decastar

Re: Plugin for PaintShop Pro / AfterShot Pro

Post by decastar »

jrjong wrote: 29.08.2020 09:04
To my knowledge, you can get the files from the lightroom and install it manually into aftershot. I'm not 100% sure though. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quite possibly... but I don't use Lightroom.
decastar

Post by decastar »

Helicon have kindly supplied the LR plugin to try with AfterShot / PaintShop.

AfterShot Pro 3.6 - can't install the plugin - it needs to be in a special .afzplug format.

PaintShop Pro 2020 - installed the plugin, however it does not appear in the Effects > Plugins menu. I'm using the 64-bit version of PSPro, which can only use 64-bit plugins. Not sure If that has anything to do with it. I will try the 32-bit version of PSPro to see what happens.
decastar

Post by decastar »

decastar wrote: 30.08.2020 16:57 I'm using the 64-bit version of PSPro, which can only use 64-bit plugins. Not sure If that has anything to do with it. I will try the 32-bit version of PSPro to see what happens.
But Helicon Focus is 64-bit so don't think using 32-bit PSPro will do any good?