Nearest and Farthest Points Not Working

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
rmcphotographs

Nearest and Farthest Points Not Working

Post by rmcphotographs » 04.09.2020 16:17

I have been shooting with a Canon 7D Mark II for a few years using Helicon Remote and it has worked well. Now I can set the closest and farthest focus points in the application just fine but when the sequence completes, the focus has never changed from the first image. I have not changed my settings from the numerous successful times I used the application, the app just stopped working.

I am on a MacBook Pro running OS Catalina version 10.15.5

Camera is in Manual Mode, the autofocus is turned on, and tracking is set to One Shot. Can anyone please help, this is a huge element in my macro photography and I need it resolved ASAP.

Catherine

Re: Nearest and Farthest Points Not Working

Post by Catherine » 04.09.2020 22:14

Please make sure that Quick review (also may be called Image review) is disabled in the camera body settings.

alankente

Post by alankente » 05.10.2020 12:24

I am also getting the same error as you said
I have not found a solution to this problem either

Catherine

Post by Catherine » 06.10.2020 11:55

Make sure that quick review is off and silent shooting is off. Also make sure the camera is in still photography mode, not video mode. And set the focus mode for live view to the most basic single-shot mode (no servo / AI / face detect / tracking / continuous). Recent Canon cameras have separate AF settings for live view and non-live view, be careful to specifically check the live view mode.
If nothing else helps, resetting the camera body settings could.