Massive color shift on my stacked results

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Paul Day

Massive color shift on my stacked results

Post by Paul Day »

I have used the helicon software for years. After the latest update, my final stacked pictures have a massive color shift that renders them useless. The resulting colors are not present in any of the constituent pictures. Whites are turning brown yellow and muted pink into overly saturated screaming pink.
Any advice or suggestions
Catherine

Re: Massive color shift on my stacked results

Post by Catherine »

Could you please provide more details about the issue and your workflow:
what is your source image format?
what is the format you save to?
do you open images in HF directly, or export from LR or C1?
at which point do you encounter the issue - at render? after saving and reopening?

If you are processing raw files, please go to Raw development settings and make sure you have Raw-in-DNG-out loader selected in Codec dropdown list.
sol33609

Post by sol33609 »

Here is my workflow. I use a Pentax K1 and save raw. Files, usually between 5 and 25 are copied to my computer and opened using Helicon focus. I have used the three methods for creating the stacked picture with the same results. The resulting picture has a darker reddish hue, very noticeable in the white colors. Retouching makes is worse, the result is unacceptable. If there any way I can revert the update. The program as it is now it is worthless.
sol33609

Post by sol33609 »

My camera saves DNG strait and I never had any problem before the last update.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Could you please send us a couple of source images and the output to support@heliconsoft.com. We'll be happy to check it and let you know about our findings. Thank you.