Folder Monitor: Detect Stacks based on EXIF data

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
abgestumpft

Folder Monitor: Detect Stacks based on EXIF data

Post by abgestumpft »

Hi,

at the moment it is really difficult for me to separate the different stacks after I come back from a shoot.
Usually the number of shots in a stack vary and also (e.g. when shooting living insects) I do several stacks quickly in a row -> its now always working to select stacks on shooting time.

When I use focus bracketing on my Olympus, there is a special exif tag ("Drive Mode") set that contains the information on the image sequence (I guess this is similar for other companies).
Here the information on Exiftool:
https://exiftool.org/TagNames/Olympus.html

E.g. when I run "exiftool.exe -DriveMode *.ORF" on a folder, I get an output like this:

Code: Select all

======== P5122168.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 1; Electronic shutter
======== P5122169.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 2; Electronic shutter
======== P5122170.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 3; Electronic shutter
======== P5122171.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 4; Electronic shutter
======== P5122172.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 5; Electronic shutter
======== P5122173.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 6; Electronic shutter
======== P5122174.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 7; Electronic shutter
======== P5122175.ORF
Drive Mode                      : Focus Bracketing, Shot 8; Electronic shutter
======== P5122176.ORF
So my request would be to make use of that Exif tag and use this information to split the stacks. This is hopefully bulletproof :D
This way I could just copy all of my images from SD card to one folder and Helicon then splits them based on this Exif tag and copies them to subfolders (also an Option to treat "single shot" images special would be nice: e.g. ignore, move all to special folder,...)
My 2nd request would be to have an option to also copy the RAW files with same filename, in case "JPG/TIFF only" is selceted as "File types to process". Then I have all stacks (RAWs and JPG) in one folder with a JPG preview already generated by Helilcon. Then I can use this JPG preview to decide if I keep this stack (->work on RAWs and then Stack them in Helicon) or I delete the whole stack (e.g. because too much movemnt, not everything needed in sharpness,...)