Using batch processing after images come from Lightroom

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
maculatum775

Using batch processing after images come from Lightroom

Post by maculatum775 »

I export my images to stack from Lightroom. When that operation is completed and Helicon opens up I select the Batch processing menu which then prompts me to select the images for stacking. However I can't seem to find where the images reside so I can select them? I have read the documentation and while the answer may or may not be in there I either did not see it or more likely did not understand or recognize it. So I am looking for help to accomplish this. What I really want to be able to do I send raw/DNG images to Helicon from LR to then split up into the various groups for stacking using the split feature. I am sure I must be missing something fundamental but after spending many hours trying to figure this out I decided to look for assistance.
Catherine

Re: Using batch processing after images come from Lightroom

Post by Catherine »

Are you sure you need batch processing?
When you export images from LR, they get loaded into Helicon Focus automatically, that's the whole point of using the export plugin. If Helicon Focus opens with no images loaded - something's wrong, send a bug report at this point (menu - Help - Report a bug).
maculatum775

Post by maculatum775 »

You don't seem to understand the issue. For example I have 3 sets of 45 images to stack. When I send them from lightroom to Helicon they most certainly appear under source images. But I want split them into 3 groups to stack. When I open the batch process I am prompted to open folder, etc. Except I can't find the images while I am in that dialogue so I can then split them into the necessary 3 groups. So yes I most definitely need the batch process utility. As it is right now I process them one group at a time and it is beyond tedious.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The Lightroom export workflow has always been single stack at a time. But I agree that it shoul be possible. I guess the only reason why it's not supported already is because no one has brought it up before. We're looking into it.
As it is right now, you can only browse manually for files to be loaded for further splitting and batch stacking, which means it makes no sense to export them from LR - you have to browse for the source files manually.
Ben446

Post by Ben446 »

Batch processing of raw files from LR would be great. Would love this feature.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

maculatum775 wrote: 26.03.2021 02:50 You don't seem to understand the issue. For example I have 3 sets of 45 images to stack. When I send them from lightroom to Helicon they most certainly appear under source images. But I want split them into 3 groups to stack. When I open the batch process I am prompted to open folder, etc. Except I can't find the images while I am in that dialogue so I can then split them into the necessary 3 groups. So yes I most definitely need the batch process utility. As it is right now I process them one group at a time and it is beyond tedious.
Just a small update. In v.7.7.0 and later there's an option to add files exported from LR to batch mode for further processing or splitting.
In order to do that, please export files from LR in a usual way, open Batch process dialog and press Add current sources button to add files from the current source image list.
Mikisme

Post by Mikisme »

Hi Catherine,

Just so I understand whether my question is different from the discussion so far:

- since the outcome of Helicon's rendering can differ considerably from shot set to shot set, I always let the software produce all three variations and import them back into Lightroom Classic (both H and LR latest Win 10 version)
- selecting start and finish of the actually succeeded shot series in LR has to be done manually, but after that all commands being the same every time it would be a huge benefit to be able to have a batch function for (multiple sets of) that.

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something that is already available :D
Ben446

Post by Ben446 »

Catherine wrote: 24.05.2021 14:04
Just a small update. In v.7.7.0 and later there's an option to add files exported from LR to batch mode for further processing or splitting.
In order to do that, please export files from LR in a usual way, open Batch process dialog and press Add current sources button to add files from the current source image list.
I would like to export multiple stacks of DNGs from LR and then batch process them in Helicon. Could we get a step by step explanation on how to do this please. I see how to get one stack into the batch window but when I export another stack from LR using the plugin, it creates a new Batch window.
Last edited by Ben446 on 02.06.2021 08:36, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Every export from LR starts a new HF session. So the only way to make it is to export all the images in HF, then go to Batch mode, use Add current sources option, then split these images into stacks using one of the Split stack options: https://www.heliconsoft.com/focus/help/ ... IT_ENQUEUE