Method A issue/bug

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
macroshot

Method A issue/bug

Post by macroshot »

Hello,

I'm having issues with method A stacked images. I'm stacking around 80-100 TIFF source images with method A, but the output image on several of my stacks has an unusual purple "barcode" like artifact on the left edge of the stacked image. I do not get this result when I try the same source images with Method B or C.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
method-a-issue.jpg
method-a-issue.jpg (267.49 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
Catherine

Re: Method A issue/bug

Post by Catherine »

You must have had automatic sorting enabled. Please right-click on any of the source images on the list and select Sort ascending/descending.
This should not be a matter of the method, but rather of the sorting order.
If you have a look at the images where you are observing this artifact, is the sorting on the source image list different from that for the other outputs that turned out better?
Also you can enable autocrop to deal with this: HF menu-Edit-Preferences-Autoadjustments tab: Crop output automatically.
macroshot

Post by macroshot »

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. Regardless of whether I had auto, ascending or descending, the issue always seems to appear when I use Method A rather than when I use Method B or C (see image below.) (Note: the "sort descending" image below has a 1-2px purple artifact on the left side of the image, significantly less than the other sorting methods, but only method B and C did not have the artifact for some reason.)

I ran some tests with other settings to determine if they might be related. I discovered that if I had "Crop output automatically" selected OFF, the problem disappears. I ran the same stack 12 times (six times with crop output selected on and six times with crop output selected off.) The "Crop output automatically" selected OFF never had the issue.

I can provide you the source files if you want to experiment with them. The issue is a little sporadic. There were times where I thought I fixed it but then it randomly reappears. It also seams to appear on some image sets but not others.

Thanks
Attachments
method_a_tests.jpg
method_a_tests.jpg (532.98 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
method_a_tests_crop.jpg
method_a_tests_crop.jpg (840.65 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
macroshot

Post by macroshot »

No more issue with newest version 7.7.2 Thanks for the update!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you for the update.