Fujifilm X-T3

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
smallcap

Fujifilm X-T3

Post by smallcap »

Hi there,
Is it possible to load an process X-T3 .RAF Files in helicon Focus?
Thanks alot!
Catherine

Re: Fujifilm X-T3

Post by Catherine »

Yes, Helicon Focus can process .raf files if you have Adobe DNG Converter installed and Raw-in-DNG-out codec selected in Raw development settings in HF. You are welcome to download the latest version of the program from our website and try how it works for your file format: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/
microns

Re: Fujifilm X-T3

Post by microns »

I Seen a video the other day by a well knowen photographer and he does all kinds of camera tutorials
that the Raw files that come out of the fuji camera are not like any other camera
because its a special sensor, meaning if you want true results on a fuji Raw file you have to use there fuji editing software or you may not get the results your used to. it may or may not render good in heliconsoft but if you export the file you still may have to use fuji software,
i have not tried it.
if you use focus brackting in camera BKT in fuji and use .RAF it will lag the camera down.
JPG are top rated coming straight out of the camera, i shoot 1.1 =square images to even make it faster, crop later on final stack render.