Returning to CapOne after Render

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
lenny_eiger

Returning to CapOne after Render

Post by lenny_eiger »

Brand new to this. Am very impressed with this software. I am using a Fuji GFX 100s to make sets of focus stacked images. I load them in to CapOne Pro and use the plugin to edit the set of images in one focus stack with Image:EditWith:Stack in Helicon Focus. It transfers the images to Helicon Focus all fine...

Then I do a Render, and whatever else I need, no problem there. Then I want to save it and go back in to CapOne Pro. I can save it (not sure what file type I should use for saving, would love some help there) and if I have saved it into one of the session folders it shows up in CapOne. However, CapOne has a "Activities" dialog up with a HeliconSoft Icon that says "Preparing to Start".

Am I missing a Step? Should I just ignore that dialog (close it) ?

Thanks,

Lenny
RCinNJ

Re: Returning to CapOne after Render

Post by RCinNJ »

Looks like this was never answered so I am bumping it. I just downloaded HeliconFocus and am impresses. However, I am trying to use it through CaptureOne (C1) and when it returns to C1 I see an Activities window that says "Preparing to start - Estimating Time remaining..." Which never goes away even though the processed image is visible in the original folder with the Raw files. When I dismiss this window and process a second file I now have two processes in the Activities window.

What is the best way to deal with this?

Also, I had some .dng files that I was able to round trip from C1 as .dng's. But I haven't been able to get this to work starting with .cr3 files. Is there a way to get these to return as .dng's -- using C1 or not.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.23.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 12.23.31 PM.png (313.81 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 1.43.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 1.43.22 PM.png (180.66 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
fdisilvestro

Post by fdisilvestro »

Are you quitting or closing Helicon Focus before returning to C1? In my experience the activities windows is there while Helicon Focus is running.
RCinNJ

Post by RCinNJ »

OK. But should it be? Doesn't seem to me it should be there. The image is processed and there is no further activity by Helicon or Capture One happening. Not sure if it is Helicon or Capture One that should fix this. Unless I'm wrong and there is some (good) reason Capture One should be displaying this message.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

fdisilvestro wrote: 09.11.2021 20:41 Are you quitting or closing Helicon Focus before returning to C1?
This is the key question. You need to close Helicon Focus after you're done with the export job (i. e. the result is saved), this is the only way Capture One can know that the process has completed and it's time to import the result back. As long as Helicon Focus is running, the export job is ongoing as far as Capture one is concerned.