Some areas of focus stacked image are now Pink

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
alaska_av8r

Some areas of focus stacked image are now Pink

Post by alaska_av8r »

I am using helicon focus pro with the raw in dng out loader, I did a focus stack of several images and some areas of the image that are white (of a waterfall) are showing up pink, even when saved as a .dng back into lightroom. The LR histogram shows my highlights are now blown out, so I cannot figure out how to get rid of the pink or what is causing it.

tim
Catherine

Re: Some areas of focus stacked image are now Pink

Post by Catherine »

Hello Tim,

please update to the latest version: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads

If the problem persists in this version as well, please send us the stack, we'll try reproducing the problem on your stack.

You can upload it to any file storage service and send us the link, or please contact us directly at support@heliconsoft.com, we will give you a link to upload the stack to our storage.

We'll be happy to assist.

Thank you.
ebonino

Re: Some areas of focus stacked image are now Pink

Post by ebonino »

Tim,
I've observed the same problem with my stacks. The bright areas that must be white, now have an unusual strange pinkish/violet color (see attached image). With the new updated version (v.7.7.4), this effect is always present, as the darker image if you need to retouch the image using another output image as a source (see my previous, unanswered, post).

Stack compiled directly from 320 .ARW raw files (camera SONY A7R II) in Helicon Focus, Method C.
Saved in .DNG and processed in Camera RAW and Photoshop.