Bug or feature???!

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
AWI

Bug or feature???!

Post by AWI »

Hello,
a while ago I purchased a 1-year license (which meanwhile has expired). While I was happy (often stunned) by the results I completely stopped using Helicon Focus after a few months bekause of the awkward (shall I better say stupid...) way to select images for processing:

I manage all my RAW images in a Lightroom database. I know exactly which files I wish to use for a Helicon-processing. I start Helicon Focus and the pain begins. Why, why, why do I have to wait 5 minutes or longer for Helicon to go through my folder (that contains many RAW images) and then select image by image with this silly red mark. Following a simple windows-standard selection would take away 90% of the time needed for selection. This silly procedure drove me away from using Helicon Focus.
These days I downloaded version 4.45 only to see that nothing has changed...
Bye
Andreas (frustrated about a stellar piece of software being ruined by a silly interface issue...)
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Andreas,

Firstly, you can click on the icon under the Run button to hide thumbnails. In this mode the program will not try to create thumbnails from your RAW files.

Secondly, you can use File/Add Item or Ctrl-O short cut or Add Item icon in the toolbar to open files with standard Windows dialog.

I hope this will help!