questions about Layers

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
solde_heli

questions about Layers

Post by solde_heli »

Again here...
I am experimenting with layers. This may get me nowhere, but I can sense possibilities that I must explore.
My goal is to export the layers and then examine them in Photoshop. But I need each layer to contain only what that layer adds to the final image. If except in PNG, the layers are transparent and incremental. It is true that from here I can extract the information I am looking for, but only after a long work of masks and subtractions in Photoshop, and more if we are working with amounts greater than 100 layers.
The TIFF format looks more promising, since the browser thumbnails show me only the area that interests me, just like the Windows previewer. But when I open that image with Photoshop I see the whole image and not just the area in focus that contains that layer.

Is it possible to get only the focused areas in each layer to open all the layers in Photoshop or other image editing software?
Catherine

Re: questions about Layers

Post by Catherine »

Both TIFF and PNG layers mask the areas not contributing to this layer using transparency. It sounds like Photoshop just isn't showing you the alpha channel for the TIFF files.
solde_heli

Re: questions about Layers

Post by solde_heli »

for now I have not managed to load the layers with their alpha channel. I keep trying ...