Issues with keyboard shortcuts/mouse wheel

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Winkie

Issues with keyboard shortcuts/mouse wheel

Post by Winkie »

Hi there,

could someone please tell me how to properly use the keyboard shortcut-mouse wheel combination in the Mac version for changing the

- brush size
- brush hardness
- colour tolerance
- brightness

in retouching mode, and how to change the magnification of the picture in general?
E.g. the mentioned combination [,], Ctrl+MouseWheel is not working for adjusting the brush size in my case.
Right now I can only alter the given values directly via the sliders, or by mouse wheel, but only when the cursor is positioned right on the slider as well, which to be honest is quite limiting my retouching workflow. The windows version seems to work fine by the way.

Thanks in advance.
Catherine

Re: Issues with keyboard shortcuts/mouse wheel

Post by Catherine »

Could you please let us know the version you are running where Cmd+Mouse Wheel shortcut does not work? Seem to work fine when we check it.

Current Mac shortcuts are:
Mouse wheel, Cmd + +, Cmd + - Zoom in/out
[] keys/Cmd+mouse wheel Adjust brush size
Cmd+Alt+mouse wheel Adjust brush hardness
Shift+mouse wheel Adjust color tolerance
Alt+mouse wheel Adjust brightness
Winkie

Re: Issues with keyboard shortcuts/mouse wheel

Post by Winkie »

Dear Catherine,

thanks for your reply.
I have installed the newest HeliconFocusPro version on iMac, 7.7.5, as well as the latest MacOS version (11.5.1).
In addition, I use the original Apple mouse and keyboard, but I also checked with a Logitech MX Master 2S. Unfortunately, none of your keyboard-mouse combinations work.
The only exceptions are the pure key shortcuts, such as Cmd + +, Cmd + - (Zoom in/out) and the [] keys for adjusting the brush size.
But whenever the mouse wheel is part of the shortcut, it wouldn't work.

Best regards
Andreas

By the way: Is it really necessary that every new reply has to be approved by a moderator? In the case of my reply to Katherine's post, that took a full six days. You can't be serious.
Last edited by Winkie on 03.08.2021 20:31, edited 1 time in total.