DNG export problem

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Vadim

DNG export problem

Post by Vadim »

Hello. Yesterday I bought HF pro.
Everything is clear, everything works fine.
But when you save the render result in DNG format, the file size becomes (average) 1024x683px.
It was 6000x4000px
In the standard settings, I did not find the ability to change the quality of DNG saving.

Tell me how to solve this problem?
Vadim

Re: DNG export problem

Post by Vadim »

Also, I discovered - one problem.
In batch processing. When uploading CR3 - 680 photos and division into stacks. The program writes that it cannot read exif. And I need to click ok or cancel 680 times. It would be nice to add selection - apply selection to all photos.
dnlyko

Post by dnlyko »

I too am experiencing this same issue with my D750 files that are also 6016x4016.
The saved DNG file is 1024x683, hence unusable.
Using activated 7.7.5 Pro Lifetime
Last edited by dnlyko on 06.09.2021 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Helicon Focus always preserves the resolution of source images during processing, the image of such a small resolution looks more like the size of a preview from file explorer. Could you please open the DNG output in Helicon Focus >> right click on the source image list >>>click on Image information and check the resolution. Alternatively, you may check resolution in PS, LR, for instance.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Vadim wrote: 04.09.2021 15:19 Also, I discovered - one problem.
In batch processing. When uploading CR3 - 680 photos and division into stacks. The program writes that it cannot read exif. And I need to click ok or cancel 680 times. It would be nice to add selection - apply selection to all photos.
Indeed, at the moment exif can't be read from cr3. That's not a problem when we open cr3, but when it comes to splitting cr3 stacks, we need exif data to rely one - shooting time, exposure etc. So at the moment cr3 should be converted into dng or tiff files in order to split such stacks.

Anyway, you are right that something should be done about it - we will be working on reading exif, this would solve the issue. If we encounter difficulties that we currently won't be able to overcome, we will find a solution like adding a Don't show again checkbox, or another message warning of cr3 specifics in split stacking.