double edges

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
stevez

double edges

Post by stevez »

what are we supposed to do when we get all these double edges?
Steve Z
stevez

Post by stevez »

The bigger I make these, the more critical the rendering, the more areas I find of fuzz from program failure. Can you give us some advice on this, settings?
I'd like to sell 40x30's, but i cant have lots of unpredictable fuzzy areas, and wow, it is a LOT of work to go in a fix them manually in Photoshop. Mac osx
Thanks !
Steve Z
stevez

Post by stevez »

You know, the fastest way to lose "support" is to give no support. 12 days waiting now. Practically every attempt I make is seriously flawed. What next? Use me to improve your product, or ignore me to lose your fan base.
Steve Z
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Steve, sorry for the delay. In the Window Pro version we have special Retouching brush which make correction of such artifacts much simpler than in Photoshop. Current mac version does not have such functionality. We plan to release new mac vesion this autumn. If you have access to PC or can install virtual PC on your Mac I would suggest you to test Retouching brushes of Helicon Focus. I would appreciate your feedback.
stevez

Post by stevez »

thanks i can respond to this in the autumn. Meanwhile, can you give us a summary of what "options" might solve these problems, or is that detailed in the help notes?
Steve Z
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

I need to have a look at the result or experiment with the stack.

You are welcome to upload it (heliconsoft.com/ftp.html)

Usually method B produces amost no halos. And in any case one have to make sure that the images are aligned correctly.
stevez

Post by stevez »

Thanks I have a sample for you of a typical failure.
You will see that closest photo 2980, and farthest photo, 2986, did not contribute.

Cant get into ftp upload:

heliconsoft.com/ftp.html
upload, no password
Steve Z
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Try "nopassword" withot space inside

Post by Guest »

well yes of course i did that
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (101.28 KiB) Viewed 12948 times
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Server: helicon.com.ua
Login: upload
Password: nopassword

Post by Guest »

OK Thanks I think I sent it.

I have a sample for you of a typical failure.
You will see that closest photo 2980, and farthest photo, 2986, did not contribute.

heliconsampleSteveZ.zip
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Thanks for the stack. I've played with it and do not see the problem. The program uses all layers to combine final result.

I can see problem with brightness adjustment and this bug is already fixed.

I will check, maybe the bug appear only on Mac.

Post by Guest »

I hope you were able to see in my composite, that the image had soft spots, but the original pictures of those areas were NOT soft. So what do you have to say about that please?
stevez

Post by stevez »

I hope you were able to see in my composite, that the image had soft spots, but the original pictures of those areas were NOT soft. So what do you have to say about that please?
Steve Z
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Sorry for the delay, Steve. I've checked your stack on windows version and cannot find problems with it. I've compared composite with each source layer and was not able to find artifacts you mentioned. I have to check it on Mac version to be sure.