bug in ver. 3.10

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions

bug in ver. 3.10

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I have been evaluating ver. 3.10.3 (the current version), and found I was obtaining pretty bad results on my two PCs (a Compaq laptop and a Gigabyte desktop). Since my results were obviously not comparable to those I have seen in reviews of Helicon Focus on the web, I did some searching and came up with two older versions, v3.00.2 and v3.10.1. The first of these versions works fine, the second displays the same problem I got with the present version. By swapping individual files in and out, it seems that the bug is in focus.dll v3.10.1 and later. As soon as I drop focus.dll v3.00.2 in the v.3.00.2, I get the bug also in this earlier version.

Attachments are pictures reduced to 1/8 of their original size, made from the same set of 7 pictures, same default settings. Results speak for themselves.

Best regards,

ES
Attachments
small_ver3.00.2.jpg
small_ver3.00.2.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 11296 times
small_ver3.10.1.jpg
small_ver3.10.1.jpg (90.8 KiB) Viewed 11296 times
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

ES,

It seems that alignment does not work properly in 3.10 version.
I would need your original files to test the version.
Can you send them (resized version) by mail or upload them to our ftp server?

DAnylo

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I sent the test pictures as e-mail attachments because I did not find information about your ftp server.

Best regards,

ES
John

Focus issues with 3.10.3

Post by John »

I have had no luck with this filter. As the program "stitches" the images together it off-sets them. The resultant image is as if a number of exposures have been made with the camera tilted slighty for each one! I imagine the effect is a focus issue. Very worrying! Have Helicon addressed the issue? Another post suggests the same problem so don't think it is my inexperience with the program.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

most probably this effect is caused by protection system. If the exe file was modified by a virus or crack the program will behave then this way.

Check for viruses on your computer and reinstall the program.
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

To be 100% sure, please send me the result image to dankozub@helicon.com.ua or post it to this forum.