Updating Helicon Focus

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Kerry

Updating Helicon Focus

Post by Kerry »

I purchased a lifetime registration for Helicon Focus a couple of years ago and am just now, for the first time, planning to install an update of the latest version of the program (because I've run into some major problems with the version I have installed--4.16--freezing up). The computer I have Helicon Focus installed on isn't tethered to the Net so I've downloaded the latest .EXE file and am planning to port it over to that computer.

Do I have to do anything other than run the .EXE file and follow the prompts to install to avoid wiping out my current registration? I'm reluctant to try to install the latest version because I'm concerned that I'll destroy my registration and have to generate a new key, which I don't want to do (since the number of keys appears to be limited).

Thanks,

--Kerry
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Kerry,

Simply install the program on the new computer and use the same activation code to register the program.
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Dan Kozub wrote:Kerry,

Simply install the program on the new computer and use the same activation code to register the program.
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply.

I installed the program, and when I went to "Offline Registration" on the Help menu I received a message that the program was already registered (which is true). I guess there's no need to apply the application code. Is that correct?

Thanks,

--Kerry