RAW problem!

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
visualbinam

RAW problem!

Post by visualbinam »

hi,
i'm having problem processing the RAW files in helicon focus.
when i add the photos and process them everything is fine but when it finished the job and saved the image it adds some steps to the exposure.
is there any way to set this to process the files with "same as shot exposure" like camera RAW in photoshop!

i uploaded two images so you can see the problem. image number one is one of the stack images (it was a RAW image, i converted to jpeg with the same exposure as the original RAW) and the image number two is the output of after processing images in helicon focus!

and this problem happens always when i process RAW files in helicon focus, does n't matter their dark or bright!

and BTW my camera is a canon 500D.

thanks already
Attachments
the output image
the output image
2.jpg (239.94 KiB) Viewed 5283 times
one of the stacks
one of the stacks
1.jpg (113.88 KiB) Viewed 5283 times
Stas Yatsenko

Re: RAW problem!

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We need to test your files in our environment. Can you please upload it to our ftp server as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html
visualbinam

Post by visualbinam »

i tried to do that in IE, but it keeps asking me for id/password and when i enter my helicon forum id and password it asks me to do it again...
can i just mail them to you?
and do you want me to send you the original RAW or the converted files, 'cause i'm using a very slow connection and it would take me days to upload them.

and also i'm getting so much halo in most of my outputs, any idea?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Try to process the same files converted to JPEGs. If the bug is still there, then we will need only couple of original JPEGs. Please send them to support@heliconsoft.com.
visualbinam

Post by visualbinam »

i tried it and as i was expecting the output was fine and the problem is just with the original RAW files and any kind of jpeg files works just fine, even the ones converted from RAWs.

is it working fine for other users? this problem happens for all the RAW files that i process with helicon focus and i think it adds a constant amount of exposure to all the output files!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, we have no similar reports and we are not able to reproduce this bug. The best solution would be if you upload a couple of raw files to our server or send us via mail.

You can also try to use different RAW converters, this can also make the difference.