Slabbing

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
ingleslenobel

Re: Slabbing

Post by ingleslenobel »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:This is possible only if both results (full stack and partial stack) have the same first image. If you select 5 images in the middle of the full stack, the magnification of this partial result will be different from the full stack result. The program considers such results not compatible and does not show them in retouching.

If you keep first image in the partial stack, it will work though.
Thanks, yes I see the mag issues trying this out!

An easy way to add this into the pro edition would be to add a secondary overlap control into the enqueue > split stack function. Ie say you have a stack of 100 and split the stack using 10 (so split into 10 of 10), if you also had an overlap toggle under the split size then that'd work nicely. Ie say you had overlap set at 5, then in this example it'd do 1-10, 5-15, 10-20, 15-25 etc
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yes, this is possible to implement but still the substack would be aligned differently. So you will need to align all images first and then split and merge substacks. We will think if it is possible to implement without major restructuring.
kozboPhoto

Post by kozboPhoto »

Hi,

Have there been any more optimizations to subgroup a stack into a number of overlapping sets of images within a large stack (aka Slabbing)? I agree with the comment above that retouching is very difficult and tedious when the count of images is over 100. I would prefer to work with 15 or so sub-images. I see your comment about including the first image for scale and alignment. It seems like that inclusion might be easily automated from the batch processing dialog. I am sure this is not a new question for you but I couldn't find any comments about this topic that are less than several years old.

Thanks for your help as always,

-Kevin
ebonino

Post by ebonino »

I wrote, for those that are interested, a short tutorial on how to sub-stack with the new release of Helicon 8 (BETA): https://enrico-bonino.eu/sub-stacking-in-helicon-focus/
nukapop92

Post by nukapop92 »

upload your stack vidmate download
mobdro tv