NEF to TIF 16bits

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
BlindPilot

NEF to TIF 16bits

Post by BlindPilot »

Hello,

If I process NEF files and output the result as a 16bits TIF file, is any tone curve [or any other correction] used on the conversion?

Thanks,
Manuel
Stas Yatsenko

Re: NEF to TIF 16bits

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Each RAW engine applies a lot of curves, white point compesations and highlight clipping. You can control part of these parameters in RAW development settings window. You can also use other RAW engine (e.g. ACR) to convert files to tiffs before stacking.
BlindPilot

Post by BlindPilot »

>Each RAW engine applies a lot of curves, white point compesations and highlight >clipping. You can control part of these parameters in RAW development settings >window

Yes, I know. But my question is:
Where is that "RAW development settings window" located in Helicon Focus 6 ?
I need to control the parameters that HF is using to convert my NEF to TIF 16bits

Thanks,
Manuel
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

When you open stack of RAW files, you will see button "RAW development settings" below source image list. Make sure you are using the latest version from our site.
BlindPilot

Post by BlindPilot »

Hello,

Yes, I now see the button "RAW development settings" and have also installed the Nikon codecs.
Unluckly, When I enter the Nikon codec window, the sliders don't seem to be doing anything at all. Also HF crashes most of the time if I try to use Nikon codecs

Regards,
Manuel
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Helicon Focus enables only those sliders that are supported by given codec, we can't do much about it.

Please send us one of your nef files, we will try to reproduce the bug. What is your OS? 64 bit?