Absolutely impressed

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Fer

Absolutely impressed

Post by Fer »

What to say... I tried the demo version of Helicon Focus 4.15 Lite and immediately purchased an unlimited license. I was so deeply impressed.

The thing was, I did not test H.F. in a typical macro task.
Instead, I just hooked my camera to my ordinary tripod, attached a 50mm non-macro lens, fired a few shots of my room and out-of-the-window view, with f/8 and manually focusing without much care (5 shots with focus from about a meter to 25 meters or so), and looked out what HF could do... I was shocked.
:shock:

Please compare HF (left) vs. shooting at f/22 (right), 100% crops:

I'm extremely impressed.

Much kudos to the developers! :D
Please keep on the good work.

Fernando[/img]
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Thanks, Fernando! :)
DrDane

Re: Absolutely impressed

Post by DrDane »

Fer wrote:What to say... I tried the demo version of Helicon Focus 4.15 Lite and immediately purchased an unlimited license. I was so deeply impressed.

The thing was, I did not test H.F. in a typical macro task.
Instead, I just hooked my camera to my ordinary tripod, attached a 50mm non-macro lens, fired a few shots of my room and out-of-the-window view, with f/8 and manually focusing without much care (5 shots with focus from about a meter to 25 meters or so), and looked out what HF could do... I was shocked.

I'm extremely impressed.

Much kudos to the developers! :D
Please keep on the good work.

Fernando[/img]
Hi, Fernando

Just a note - you may already be aware that shooting at small apertures will degrade image sharpness. I use a 100mm macro, and find the sharpest images are made between f5.6 and 8.0. I rarely go above f11 for single shots, if I can avoid it. Now that you're using HF, you probably won't, either! :D