Canon EOS R

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Hservicemanwp

Canon EOS R

Post by Hservicemanwp »

Is there a fix to support Canon R camera yet?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

No, and we don't know where or not it will be supported yet. If you already have the camera and are willing to help us support it, we could run a few tests and see what can be done.
gerhardwo

Post by gerhardwo »

I have a Canon EOS R and I am interested in a solution for runing Helicon remote. What can I do to support you in testing?

Regards
Gerhard
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thank you Gerhard, we're already in contact with one EOS R owner and no further help is needed right now.
zedocs

Post by zedocs »

Hi,
I am a Canon EOS R owner.
I read the forum about Canon EOS R. I see there is one EOS R owner who help.
Is there any answer from him?
The Helicon Remote or/and Helicon FB Tube are working with EOS R?
I am using Helicon Focus Pro.
I plan to buy H. Remote or H. FB Tube but I need to know I can use them.

Thank You for your support.

BR,
Balazs
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Neither FB Tube nor Helicon Remote supports EOS R. With Helicon Remote, this may change in the future, but we're not sure yet.
bearswithcoats

Post by bearswithcoats »

Hi, just wondering if there's any news on this front? Recently got an EOS R and I'd love to use it with Helicon Remote and Focus. Looks like for now I'll have to use the EOS utility to manually rack focus and convert Canon's new CR3 format to DNG or something for Helicon Focus to stack them. Would LOVE to go back to the streamlined Helicon workflow :D

Thanks
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Adobe DNG converter 11 supports EOS R, so install the latest converter from Adobe's website and you can drop CR3 images directly into Helicon Focus. As for Helicon Remote - no news yet, sorry.
Dirk1965

Post by Dirk1965 »

Hi,

here´s another new EOS R Owner and I´m waiting for Helicon Remote (and as well the support from HF for CR3 files)

Many thanks for an answer.
ryanmichael

Post by ryanmichael »

Same boat here. Long time user on many camera bodies. Bought an EOS R and would really love to be able to use it with your software.

I'm not going to return the R. But I'd also prefer to not stop using & recommending Helicon Remote.

Looks like people have been requesting this for many months.

Any idea when this camera is going to be supported?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

CR3 support in Helicon Focus depends on support of this format in some of the third-party image processing libraries we're using. That support currently seem to be lacking, but we're investigating.

As for Helicon Remote, we can't promise anything yet but we'll see what we can do after we add support for another mirrorless Canon camera, EOS M50, that we're currently working on.
knog17

Post by knog17 »

By the way, the Canon EOS RP seems to provide Canon's first internal focus-bracketing function:
https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Cameras/Canon-Focus-Bracketing.aspx

Maybe Canon releases firmware to make it available on the EOS R and 5DIV too...
I guess Canon's next bodies will come with this function.
I'm very excited to see actual stacking results!
Will they use DPP for it? As you know, taking the shots is only half of the work... :wink:
JKTFinn

Post by JKTFinn »

Stas Yatsenko wrote: 27.03.2019 15:20As for Helicon Remote, we can't promise anything yet but we'll see what we can do after we add support for another mirrorless Canon camera, EOS M50, that we're currently working on.
:D

That camera sorely needs support as StackShot can't trigger it (as far as I know).
nasgul

Post by nasgul »

Stas Yatsenko wrote: 04.01.2019 12:01 Adobe DNG converter 11 supports EOS R, so install the latest converter from Adobe's website and you can drop CR3 images directly into Helicon Focus. As for Helicon Remote - no news yet, sorry.
Hi!

You wrote with the newest DNG Converter cr3 files should be able to drag and drop to your program, but it's not working at my side. Is there something I can check or settings I can change to support this? I'm using the Canon EOS RP.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

No, sorry, CR3 is not supported and we can't say when it will be. Two industry-standard third-party components for handling raw files that we rely on don't support it yet.

But if you have Lightroom, you can circumvent this problem by exporting from Lightroom to Helicon Focus as DNG.