Nikon D750, Leica S9 D and Helicon Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
detay

Nikon D750, Leica S9 D and Helicon Remote

Post by detay »

First of all Hi Everyone,
I have both Nikon D750 DSLR and Leica S9 D model streo-microscope. And planned to purchase Helicon Remote but I have some questions and hesitations. Before anything else;

1. Is it possible to use Helicon Remote as full functionality with D750?
It is important because, I am working on insect systematics, especially Cicadas and their neighborhoods. So for me, macro photography means more scientific meaning than aesthetic concern. That's why, If may I learn that "Is it possible to use the Focus Bracketing function in particular with the Nikon 105mm f / 2.8G VR IF-ED Micro Lens?" If yes, How?

2. With the Nikon D750 and 105mm f / 2.8G VR IF-ED Micro Lens, what should be the best shooting Helicon Remote settings for razor-sharp photographs of species ranging in size from 0,5-1.5 cm in size?

3. Can I use the Leica S9 D stereo microscope as a focus stacking rail system successfully? If yes, for the best results, what should I set the minimum focus step to?

Thank you in advance for all, who will be contributed or not to be.

Please stay stand by. To be continued.... :!:

P.S.;
Sorry my English. :oops:
Catherine

Re: Nikon D750, Leica S9 D and Helicon Remote

Post by Catherine »

1. If it's an AF lens and autofocus works, you can use it for automated focus bracketing with Helicon Remote. But the best way to make sure is to give it a try, it costs nothing.

2. We can't know the answer to that, but Helicon Remote offers a DOF calculator with which you'll be able to figure it out very quickly (as long as you follow the instructions linked in the calculator window).

3. Don't know anything about that particular hardware, but again, the best would be to try and see. You don't need to purchase Helicon Remote in order to thoroughly test it.