Nikon D7200 and iphone

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
chpcrvr

Nikon D7200 and iphone

Post by chpcrvr »

I have not been able to connect my D7200 to my new iPhone XR. My iPhone and camera do connect via wifi because I can see photos on my camera using the WMU application. However, the camera does not show up in HR. Since HR does not support wired connection with iOS devices I am really stuck. Has anyone connect to iPhone successfully? Any help, instructions or guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
Catherine

Re: Nikon D7200 and iphone

Post by Catherine »

There is built-in help - the (?) button in the "Select a camera" dialog. The connection should be straightforward with these simple steps:
1. Make sure Nikon WMU is not running (not even in background) as it will interfere. It's best to uninstall it at least temporarily until you work out how to establish connection with Helicon Remote reliably.
2. Run Helicon Remote first.
3. Connect your iPhone to the D7200's Wi-Fi network.
4. Go back to Helicon Remote, press "Select a camera" and wait for a "Nikon camera" to appear. Tap it to connect. It may take up to 15-20 seconds, although usually it's much faster.
5. If at this point the connection is still not established, send us a bug report (menu - Feedback - Report a bug). Note that Internet connection is required for this.