False Color feature

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
padjola

False Color feature

Post by padjola »

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a support for showing false color? I see that there is focus range and zebra available, but couldn't find this feature. Also I guess that if this option exists, it is non related to a camera brand?

(I'm exploring the free version of the app, so maybe it's a premium feature I'm not aware of. I also did a search of forums, but haven't found any information related to that topic - thus sorry if it's been asked before).

Thank you! :)
padjola

Re: False Color feature

Post by padjola »

:arrow: P.S. Forgot to mention that I'm referring to the Android app.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Could you please explain more specifically what exactly you mean by 'showing false color'?
padjola

Post by padjola »

Sure thing Catherine! Thank you so much for the reply!

It's essentually a visual representation of pixel values, used for creating a correctly exposed image. What it does is that it shows the footage, overlayed in different colors, along with a bar displaying which colors are at the end of spectrum (like a legend). It takes color values of each pixel and colors them accordingly. That way one can see if the video is exposed in a correct way.

This feature is usually found on field monitors when doing video work, because histogram has a better use in photography.

Maybe this could be a new relatively easy to add Helicon Remote feature since you alredy have overexposed/underexposed overlay in place (these would probably work in a same way, but coloring other ranges as well).

Please chek out these two to get a clear picture (video link and image) and feel free to ping me if you need more information. :)

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/JwrwsjO7Cww
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

That's a nice function, thanks. Perhaps we should replace our current primitive overexposure highlighting with this. We'll experiment with it.