Canon Rebel T6i Won't Connect To Camera

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
village818

Canon Rebel T6i Won't Connect To Camera

Post by village818 »

Hello,
I use Helicon Remote for Mac OS 10.15.2 with a Rebel T6i. I've never had any issues connecting to and controlling the camera, but about a week ago it stopped connecting to my camera.

When I select 'Select A Camera' under Camera Settings, it shows the camera, and has a checkbox next to it, but in the main window it says "Camera Is Not Connected" (see attachment for screenshot).

I tried using Helicon Remote on another Mac running 10.15.2 and was able to connect like usual.

I un-installed Helicon Remote and Focus from the computer not recognizing my camera, along with all of its associated files. After re-installing the software, I'm still having the same issue.

I tried creating a different user account on the Mac I'm having issues with, and Helicon Remote works fine under that account.

If anyone has any advice on how I might be able to resolve this issue I'd appreciate it greatly.

Bests, ~Eric
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 6.18.19 AM.png
(620.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Catherine

Re: Canon Rebel T6i Won't Connect To Camera

Post by Catherine »

This seems to be due to a new security-related feature in 10.15.2. Here's how to solve the problem:

First of all, please get the new version of Helicon Remote: https://office.heliconsoft.com/cloud/index.php/s/DsdpQA2YtYQDsCF

If prompted for Photos and disk access permissions, please make sure to grant them. And just in case, check if permissions have already been denied (in which case the program won't work) - make sure to grant Helicon Remote the permissions it requested. Particularly, we've figured out that the same symptoms occur if it doesn't have Photos permission, and we also need file and folder access. Here's a guide on how to get to the permission settings. Browse through all the categories and tick Helicon Remote wherever you see it. Then restart it and see if it works.

Also, make sure to quit any other programs that may possibly communicate with the camera before launching Helicon Remote (Photos, Lightroom etc).