D300 not suddenly recognized by H.remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
homecoils

D300 not suddenly recognized by H.remote

Post by homecoils »

Hello.

I used Helicon soft on a New iMac 4K (H.sierra) and yesterday, remote 3.9.11 lost the connection whith my D300.
The same caméra and cable put on my old macbook pro start very weel whith Remote 3.7.9

If i try to install 3.7.9 on my imac , it does not work.

its apen i playinbg whith helicon suite , i dont made updates or ....

thanks for your help, I'm in shit :(
Catherine

Re: D300 not suddenly recognized by H.remote

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

If it's D300 (and not D300S), check the camera body menu - Settings - USB: MTP/PTP mode must be selected.
homecoils

Post by homecoils »

thanks for your help , the USB menu is already on this modeMTP PTP

I think the problem comes from the mac, maybe a software problem? it happened suddenly when i had just shot.

I wrote a report to Helicon.
While waiting to solve the problem I reinstalled my OSX that I had cloned on external HD. By starting on it, H. remote worked very well.

the only software i had installed in the meantime is OBS . (open broadcast studio )
I doubt that it was this software that ruined everything?
homecoils

Post by homecoils »

strange, my last answer does not appear :oops:
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I also doubt OBS has anything to do with it.
Check if Helicon Remote has the required permissions: go to System Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Privacy. Please click each of the categories on the left, and make sure Helicon Remote is ticked on the right in each of the categories where it's listed. Most notably, "Files and folders" and "Photos" permissions must be granted.
homecoils

Post by homecoils »

I gave my old backup, so everything is fine but I can no longer carry out the investigation.
in the system prefs, helicon does not appear and I cannot modify the list except for the geolocation.

I may turn this story in all directions, I do not understand why my computer no longer recognized my D300.
I was hoping it was something that happens sometimes and known to the community.

Anyway thank you for your help catherine