Making filenames unique within a stack

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
GracieAllen

Making filenames unique within a stack

Post by GracieAllen »

How do I implement something unique in filenames so each set of images in a stack are uniquely identified so it’s easier to import a bunch of stacks into Lightroom?

I've changed the folder naming so later stacks don't clobber ones from earlier in the day, but filenames are the same in every stack.

I thought “stack counter” might work, but I can’t figure out how to implement it for the filenames…

IMG_[stack counter]_[counter] doesn’t seem to work.
akiecker

Re: Making filenames unique within a stack

Post by akiecker »

I’m new to Helicon Remote so take what I have to say with the proverbial grain of salt. I leave my images on the camera, do not use files named by Helicon Remote. When I take my images I separate each stack with a blank image by putting the lens cap on the camera and taking an image. Then when I import my images from the memory card to Lightroom each stack is separated by a blank image. This makes it very easy to tell one stack from another in Lightroom. And the file names are like all the other file names of my images. Any additional information that I may want with the stacks is done with keywords.