Image Timing

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
jaggy400

Image Timing

Post by jaggy400 »

Am using a Canon 5D Mark 4. When I attach the camera to the program, it takes an image, but the image is only on the screen for 9 seconds--not long enough for me to set near and far points. What do I need to do to correct this problem. Thanks
jaggy400

Re: Image Timing

Post by jaggy400 »

Problem solved.
Catherine

Re: Image Timing

Post by Catherine »

I'm not sure what problem you've encountered. Did you set "Activate live view upon connecting to camera" in Helicon Remote preferences -> Interface to "No"? That's my best guess at trying to explain what was described so far by Jaggy.

When the program connects to a camera, if it's a Canon or Sony, it needs to take a shot (required for proper further operation). That will force live view to turn on briefly and you will most certainly see an image. If the setting I mentioned is set to "No", live view will then be turned off (and you can turn it back on manually at any time). If the setting is left at "Yes", live view will remain active so the image will keep streaming to your screen. All of this is normal operation of the software, and you should let it do its thing for a couple seconds right after a camera is connected or the software is launched.

Does this help you with the problem you mentioned? If not, please elaborate.