Ipad ios focus stack and time lapse menu issues

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
GenieMac

Ipad ios focus stack and time lapse menu issues

Post by GenieMac »

Hi

I have noticed what I believe is a bug in the ios version of Helicon Remote (the demo test version from the apple app store) which I am considering investing in as well as the Helicon Focus package. I am using an ipad pro 2020, 11 inch, software version 13.6.

Setting up a Focus Stack for a wifi tethered Nikon D750 I need to combine with time lapse to add a delay to recharge flash guns, a crucial aspect for the intended workload required. It works first time BUT

1) If I stop the shot mid way the parameters on the Time Lapse settings disappears and can no longer be entered.
2) When leaving the run to complete the parameters also disappears as in 1)

I enclose a screen shot for you to see what happens.
A1928DF6-6799-4A66-863C-6F2EE5405F36.png
Screen shot with lost time lapse parameters
(1.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I have tried resetting things in focus stacks moving around the app etc but the only thing that gets me back to being able to view and alter the time lapse parameters is closing down the app completely and restarting, which wrecks work flow and takes several minutes to reset.

Also, whilst I have you, how do I delete the photos downloaded into the Helicon Remote app from the camera? This is not obvious to me and struggling for space.

Any help appreciated And thanks for listening.
Catherine

Re: Ipad ios focus stack and time lapse menu issues

Post by Catherine »

If you need to set a longer interval for flash recharge, please set it in Preferences as described at https://www.heliconsoft.com/HeliconRemo ... TING_PREFS
So you don't really need time lapse for this. Still, thank you for reporting an issue and providing a screen shot, we'll check it and fix it in the version to come
GenieMac

Re: Ipad ios focus stack and time lapse menu issues

Post by GenieMac »

Thank you Catherine, the flash delay works, I missed that one.

Regarding the Time Lapse parameter screen. I tried Helicon Remote on an iPhone and the error is not present. However, there is something going on. When activating the menu and starting a focus bracket, stopping it, returning to Focus Bracket and then back to Time Lapse screen some parameters are initially missing but when the screen is tapped they reappear. Might help debug it?

Overall, despite the above the Helicon Remote has worked extremely well and is a great versatile product.