Huawei mate 10 pro

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ollimax

Huawei mate 10 pro

Post by ollimax »

guys,
I have a Nikon D7000, and I can easily use the Helicon remote with my Lenovo Yooga tablet. When I use the same cable connecting my camera to my Huawei Mate 10 Pro, the phone detects and recognises the camera, but HR doesn't see it. I have read the support article of the connection issues (just don't have suotabe cable to connect my mouse with the phone). Android version is 10.0.0.159.

Do you have any experience of the siilar kind of combination?
Catherine

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro

Post by Catherine »

The problem is not with your phone model or Android version. And this
ollimax wrote: 21.08.2020 13:07don't have suitabe cable to connect my mouse with the phone
is highly suspicious because to connect a mouse you just need one item - the OTG adapter, and it's the same item you must use to connect your camera. Plug the OTG adapter into the phone, then plug the camera into it. Although, since you said that the phone does detect the camera, this is probably not the problem. In which case the problem is a conflict with another app:

- Make sure no other camera related app is running. If two such apps are active at the same time (for example, Helicon Remote and Photos), all kinds of errors may occur to one or both programs.
- Pay attention to programs that open up automatically when you connect the camera (mage import tools etc.) and close them prior to starting Remote. That means you should generally connect the camera first, close all pop-ups and only then start Remote. Do not configure Android to launch Helicon Remote automatically when the camera is detected, this is important.