Support for Canon Mirrorless Cameras

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
monk0103

Re: Support for Canon Mirrorless Cameras

Post by monk0103 »

Catherine wrote: 17.09.2020 08:34 Now we have a beta version with support of Canon EOS R, Rp, M6 Mk II, M50; Nikon Z6, Z7, Z50; Sony A7 III, A7 RIII: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/#beta. More cameras to be added.
Hi Catherine,

i have tested now the Beta with the Eos R on WIN 10 and Android

some question before i will buy the exented version together with Helicon Focus.

Would there be a chance to speed up the process of stacking?
i Don´t know if this time delay is a problem with the beta version or not.
i took 75 pictures with 1/40 sec each and it worked around 10 minutes for this The RP of my girlfriend does this in under 2 minutes

2nd: at the end of the 75 images, the focus go back to the start position. this takes the next view minutes because of counting up each step for 1 second
Is there a possibility to speed up, or stop?

3rd: the live picture isn´t realy in good quality: the live view of the Canon EOS tool looks quiet better on PC and Tablet/Phone

4th: the focus setting on the 2nd point takes the same time like in question 2. so i take up the biggest step to 100 and this needs then 1 minute and 40 sec before i can do the next stepp with the arrows

Hopefully there is something i do wrong, but out of the user manual, i´m not able to do things other

mayby there is some help to spee up, or some information, how long stacks should work and which settings i have to use

rg alex
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi, thank you for the feedback!
1. The minimum achievable time between shots using remote control is about 3 seconds. When time allows we'll look into possibilities of shortening this delay with new mirrorless cameras, but it certainly can never be as fast as the built-in stacking.

2. The delay between focusing steps by default is 80 ms - a bit more in practice due to some overhead, maybe 100 ms (0.1s), but certainly not a full second unless you have changed this option yourself (Preferences - Canon - Pause between focusing steps). But yes, It's currently not possible to avoid this movement, but we're considering adding an option for that.

3. That's extremely odd, could you please run Helicon Remote and Canon EOS Utility in sequence, take a screenshot in each of them and send it to me? Preferably showing the same scene (e. g. without touching the camera between switching the programs). I'll check it with our Rp, too, but I haven't noticed a difference before.

4. Yes, this doesn't sounds right. Stepping 100 steps could take a couple dozen seconds, but not a full minute. Check your preferences. Also, make sure you have the "Big" step selected on the same "Canon" preferences page, not "Small" (unless you know you really need "Small").
monk0103

Post by monk0103 »

Thanks for your answer

sorry for my late responce, but work was taff :)

hopefully its possible that i try it tommorow, if there are better results

rg
alex
Vibestrakt

Post by Vibestrakt »

cpburki wrote: 29.09.2020 02:20 And when can we expect support for the Canon R5? 2 years from now?
I just bought a Canon R5 and to my surprise, still not supported :)
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Beta version available for Win, Mac OS and Android does support R5, you are welcome to try it out: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/#beta
SE_Metlab

Post by SE_Metlab »

Hi,
I'm planning to buy either a Canon R5 or a R6 Mark II. Are these camera supported at this time only via Beta?
Thanks,
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi, there's no beta anymore, just get the latest version of Helicon Remote.