D850 w/ Google Pixel 4a5g

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
RichJ

D850 w/ Google Pixel 4a5g

Post by RichJ »

HR recognizes the camera and can take a frame but focus and zoom do not work.

HR ver 3.3.11, Android V 11. Tethered with USB OTG cable.

In focus mode a short or long tap does not focus though I hear the phone respond. The focus arrows do work.

Trying to zoom in (spreading fingers) does not work either.

I've not tested focus stacking yet...

Any ideas on fixing the focus issue?

Thanks, Richard
Catherine

Re: D850 w/ Google Pixel 4a5g

Post by Catherine »

The short tap performs live view zoom-in (and the subsequent short tap zooms back out). But you said that doesn't work, so clearly something is wrong. Please send a bug report (menu - Feedback - Report a bug) after tapping the live view image once and observing that nothing changes (it doesn't zoom in).
Note that it zooms closer onto the point that you have tapped, so if you've been tapping or pinching the gray area outside of the actual image, then nothing will happen.

Autofocus is performed by first pressing the "Autofocus" button on the left and then tapping the point to focus on; or you can bind autofocus to either short tap or long tap in the app menu - Settings - Controls.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Catherine,

>The short tap performs live view zoom-in (and the subsequent short tap zooms back out). But you said that doesn't work, so clearly something is wrong.

Does not work. I reset the commands to tap/long tap = focus, still nothing.

> Autofocus is performed by first pressing the "Autofocus" button on the left and then tapping the point to focus on

I think the problem is that the "Autofocus" button is not displayed.

I note that quite a few buttons are missing. There is no way to navigate from the settings to the 'normal" screen either.

Bug report sent @9:25 pm PST Jan 19

Richard
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

This has now been more or less resolved. Below is a copy of an email sent to Alex, Helicon soft developer today.

> First of all, I don't see any errors in the bug report.
Good.

> Do you, by any chance, remember if you attempted to zoom in before submitting the
> report?

Don't remember.

> You also said the "Autofocus" button is not there, that's very odd.
> If you have a very small screen
> and/or UI scaling enabled in the Android settings, it could be that it
> didn't fit the screen and you need to scroll the side panel down to
> reveal more controls.

I just played with it again today and I think I've figured out what's going on.

First, I had live view histogram turned on. This does not scale very well to this device and covers most of the screen which effectively blocks access. So, anything that I was trying to do with something that was underneath it wasn't getting the signal and not working.

Second, the device was very new to me in December and that was my first attempt at using Helicon remote. The Pixel 4G screen is relatively large for a phone but still "tiny" compared to my android tablet which I've been using with Helicon remote for many years.

Checking the settings for display and font size I have reduced them and the scaling issue has been resolved. And I can still just read email text.... (Not that I use the phone for email other than to check for anything urgent when I'm out.)

I still find Zoom very unresponsive and erratic, that with practice it'll get better!

I've also noticed that if the Helicon screen gets hidden then when it is restored the live view image is no longer shown. It still shows camera connected but I have to turn live view off and then on to restore it.

Thanks.

Richard