Helicon Focus with Z7 and Stackshot

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
waldenk

Helicon Focus with Z7 and Stackshot

Post by waldenk »

Friends,
I am hoping some smarter-than-I person can resolve my issue... for which I would be hugely grateful!
I am unable to control my Z7 + Stackshot system from Helicon Remote running on my Win10PC.
everything looks right...but the Helicon Remote focus in/out arrows do not move the Stackshot rail.
see specifics below.
btw... Stackshot + Z7 works perfectly as a standalone system. I been successfully creating large focus macro stacks for some time. (see my insta feed if you care.)
i'd just like to integrate helicon remote and PC into my workflow for efficiency.
huge thanks...and a promise of a Portland Oregon beer or coffee to whomever can help me resolve:)
walden kirsch.

* Z7 wired to PC and stackshot wired eactly as specified...ie. USB connections from win10 machine to controller and Z7.

* stackshot controller powered on and wired to stackshot rail

* stackshot controller displays "USB control"

* helicon SW fully licensed and current v 4.0.0 W

* stackshot firmware current

* helicon remote shows live image from Z7

* Z7 in manual focus mode

* helicon remote shows standard focus in/out point arrows, all enabled, for setting near/far focus points

* helicon remote "select a camera" set to -both- Z7 and stackshot. (if i select just one or the other, helicon remote in/out focus point arrows are greyed out. see attached screen grab of configuration.

* with above configuration...i cannot set helicon focus in/out focus points; stackshot rail does not respond to user input on helicon focus arrows.
Attachments
HeliconFocusScreenGrab.JPG
(333.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Catherine

Re: Helicon Focus with Z7 and Stackshot

Post by Catherine »

Hello,

The answer is simple - 4.0.0 is an old beta version, and indeed it has a number of issues with Stackshot. Simply get the latest beta: https://heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconRemoteBeta.exe