Entire stack is backfocused?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Jhaley

Entire stack is backfocused?

Post by Jhaley »

I'm shooting with a Nikon D4s and 200mm f/4 macro lens. Camera and lens are set to autofocus (AF-S mode in camera), lens is set for Full focus range. USB connection from camera to computer running Helicon Remote is good. I have used the procedure in the instructions to determine a focus correction factor of 8.2 for this lens and entered that into the software. I used the auto focus button in Helicon Remote to focus on my near point at roughly 27 inches from the focal plane and set that to point A and saved it. I then used the arrows in HR to move the focus to the far point (a little over 29 1/2 inches) and set that to point B and saved that. With this, Helicon computed 26 shots at an interval of 7. I clicked Start Shooting and it took the 26 shots.
The first shot was focused about half an inch behind Point A, and the last 7 or 8 shots were entirely blurred and focused behind point B. I have been repeating this over and over, and also tried using a 60mm F/2.8 macro with the same basic result. I have taken single shots from HR remotely and they are fine. when I set the initial focus point (Point A) I first focus from the camera and then confirm that by clicking on that point to auto focus in HR before I set and save that point. I don’t know what I could have set wrong to make the software backfocus like that? Anything you could do to help would be much appreciated.