Helicon Remote 4.0.6 beta crashing while doing focus stacked timelapse with Nikon Z7

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
plantfan

Helicon Remote 4.0.6 beta crashing while doing focus stacked timelapse with Nikon Z7

Post by plantfan »

I have been using Helicon Remote 3.9.12 with the Nikon D800 and the Canon T5 for the past few months for focus stacking with StackShot. There are a few bugs in the software but mostly it's worked well.

I recently got a Nikon Z7 and downloaded Helicon Remote 4.0.6 (beta) so that I could use it with the Z7. I'm using it with a USB 2 device that extends the USB hub over ethernet as I did for the D800 and T5. It works for around 7 timelapse focus stacks and then crashes without a warning. Is there any way to fix this? If not, is there an update coming for 4.0.6 that would solve this problem? I'm on Windows 10. Thanks.
plantfan

Re: Helicon Remote 4.0.6 beta crashing while doing focus stacked timelapse with Nikon Z7

Post by plantfan »

as an update - I installed a Mac OS 10.13 virtual machine and the 4.0.6 beta works with timelapse - sometimes. So it looks like it has to do with a bug in the Windows version although the Mac one is buggy too...
Catherine

Re: Helicon Remote 4.0.6 beta crashing while doing focus stacked timelapse with Nikon Z7

Post by Catherine »

What's buggy on macOS? Could you please send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) as soon as you notice something's wrong?
If it crashes on Windows, just restart it and send a bug report right away. And if it crashes on Mac, please do the same but also store the information from the system error report and send it to us as well (as described here https://www.heliconsoft.com/faq-helicon ... report_mac).